Tuesday, June 9, 2009

blessings - direction - 1 Peter 4:8

I feel like I haven't shared from my heart in a while... I noticed I've been filling you in on what's been going on the past few weeks.  Things have been go - go - go pretty much non-stop the past few weeks, but hopefully this week I will have a little more time to reflect on what God has been teaching me and where he is guiding me next.

A verse I want to share is 1 Peter 4:8.  "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."  I want to look at other people through lenses of Love; seeing them from God's perspective and loving them not only through my words, but also actions.  This is one of the greatest commandments that God calls us to... Love God and Love Others.  I feel like a way God tests us is by putting difficult people to love in our path and seeing how we react.

I am also continuing to learn more and more about Trust.  Not only trusting my present time days with God, but trusting Him with my future and trusting his perfect timing.  There are a few different options I am thinking about and praying about for when my time is up here in October.  There is another ministry here that I have gotten involved with as well.  There is an opportunity to stay on with them for another year here in Cusco, Peru.  They have an English church service for tourists who are traveling through called The Meeting Place that meets in a hostal in San Blas.  They will also have a cafe up and running in a few months and have a band that plays around town in different cafes.  I would play the cello with them and also help in the cafe.  It sounds like a really great ministry right up my ally... it's kind of like a natural fit for me.  They have 2 couples on staff and a younger single girl...they are all really awesome and have really enjoyed getting to know them.   Please pray for God to make it clear what he wants me to be doing.  Their website is www.meltdownministries.org  if you want to check them out!

Another option is persueing my dream to travel around with a Christian artist playing back up cello for them.  Nashville would be a good place to be to do this.  I do have a heart for missions and spanish so I'm trying to see how I would be able to incorporate all of my passions and talents together.  I know God has a plan for this; I am excited to see how he will bring it all together.  A friend here in Cusco just helped me with a music site if you want to check it out.  www.myspace.com/carrieeckel

I love how God has been able to incorporate all of my interests/passions/talents here in Cusco.  God knows me better than I know myself which is so comforting to know I can trust in Him to guide me in his timing to where he wants me next.  It has been such a joy to be able to play the cello at the english worship service and missionary worship nights once a week.  I love being able to worship by not only singing praises, but also playing praise music on my cello.

Please pray for direction and guidance and that God will make it CLEAR to me to where he wants me to be next.  As I began this blog I wasn't even sure that I would be in Cusco, Peru but God led me here through a series of door being opened and closed and have faith that He will do the same for my next step.  Thank you for all your prayers!!!!

No comments: