Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lily Kathryn was born & Paragliding in the Sacred Valley -- Something I have always wanted to do




Congratulations to my sister, Laura and brother in Law Trev on their newborn little girl, Lily Kathryn.  She was born on April 27 and weighs 7.2 lbs.  I was so excited to meet her last night on skype.  She is an adorable little girl and I can't wait to hold her and meet her in person!!  I am so excited for this new season of life for them both!!  They will be such great and loving parents!!  I am such a proud aunt of 2 baby girls!

Yesterday I did something that I have always wanted to do, but didn't really know if I would actually ever do it!  I went Paragliding in the Sacred Valley -- It was incredible!  It was like I was flying in the sky with the birds, with mountains surrounding me!  It was a really unique experience!  Once I got up in the air I wasn't even nervous, enjoying God's beautiful creation all around.  I will try to upload a video that I took while I was in the air on here and post a few pics!  I decided not to tell mom before hand b/c I knew she would worry the whole time and not want me to do it.  :)  But I made it back safe!  I have learned that while doing full time ministry somewhere it is important to have some time to yourself and do some fun things once in a while so you don't get burnt out!  This was one of those things... :)

No comments: