Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"We are able to take risks, suffer pain, and even die without despair but with full hope!!"


"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."  - Jeremiah 1:5

It is a great place to be when you know you are exactly where God wants you!  There is no greater place to be than in the middle of God's will for your life.  It is the safest place to be and the place where you can experience so much joy!!  As I am reading "Let the Nations Be Glad" - by John Piper I am learning a lot about what God's purpose of missions really are.  I like the quote "We cannot know what prayer is for until we know that life is war."  I think being out on the mission field or doing full-time ministry you really see how much the world is a spiritual battle.  Satan uses anything to try to mess up relationships that are based on God and keep people from doing what they are really here on earth to do... which is spread the gospel to the lost.  God disciplines his children through suffering; and his aim is to deepen our faith.  "He disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness." -Hebrews 12:10

Just a little about what I'm learning right now....  I know this is not going to be an easy next 7 months, but a time of growing and seeking through hard times in order to deepen my faith!  

This past Sunday we tried something new for church.  We are breaking up in to different communities having different home group bible studies.  I am working with the 2 orphanages on Sunday.  It went great!  We all got together and sang songs together to begin and had a prayer time for those who are sick and have diseases.  We split up in to adults and children after; and took the 35 kids up to a room and watched the Jesus film in Spanish.  Afterwards we served lunch for everyone which was a real treat for them to have cookies and coke!  It was a lot of fun!  I have continued to help with the cello lessons out at the music school; last night there was a group class with some of the younger students and there was a girl who was 5 just starting!  I told her I started when I was 5 too!  :)  I went to an English church service Sunday night and was able to meet a few more people and went on a horseback ride through the mountains to some Inca ruins for a few hours yesterday morning.  It was a beautiful ride!  The picture is up in the mountains on the ride -- the view of Cusco down below.

Please pray for love and encouragement within our team here!!  I think it is so important to have that encouragement within a team in order to build one another up!  Part of love is to sacrifice and this is a great time to learn how to serve others and love others how they need to be loved; not how they want to be loved.  I want to learn what it really means to love others and put others above myself...   If I know my identity is found in Jesus Christ; this will give me what I need to sacrifice.

Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement!!

"As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you" -John 20:21
"If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you."  -John 15:20



No comments: