Monday, March 1, 2010

Cusco Update... Back and LOVING life

Working in the cafe!

This is the view outside my bedroom window!!
I LOVE WAKING UP IN THE MORNING!!! :D

(Above - Picture of the flooding outside of Cusco)

Hola Friends & Family

Sorry I am just now updating you on my life back in Cusco! I feel as though I never even left and I have been able to just jump right back in to the way of life here as soon as my plane touched the ground! :) (literally I hit the ground running -- and I love living life on the go) I love being productive and staying busy - helping out in anyway possible! Being back here I feel SO full of joy and full of life -- It is so hard to explain.... it's just something you need to experience. I wish each of you could come out here and see my life here. BUT -- I have realized that it is important to not get too busy, but to take time to myself and spending time with the Lord. I want to always be on the look-out for what God is doing in my life and around me and be aware of the spiritual world and how God is working!

So - I have had a little different experience since I've been back and working with a different organization! Now that I am working with the meeting place cafe and church downtown I am working more with tourists and a different class of people! I love working with both types of people. ALthough on my day off from the cafe I usually still go out to the orphanage where I used to work, Casa Josefina and La Arca orphanage where I teach cello lessons to Gabi! YES the cello made it safely here -- praise the Lord! God ALWAYS provides.... I can't say that enough. He has provided one thing after another.... the cello, an amazing apartment with an amazing view, prayer and financial supporters, future opportunities, great community....etc.

So my life here consists of working in the "Meeting Place Cafe" from 8-2 -- this is a fun cafe right in the San Blas Plaza in downtown Cusco. It's a really great cafe for tourists who are craving a good Waffle, breakfast, pancakes, coffee....etc. I have also continued going out to the orphanage, teaching cello to Gabi with her new cello, continued building the relationships I had with the Peruvians, organizing what music we play at church, and various outreaches. Yesterday our church went out to a town about an hour outside of Cusco that lost their homes because of the flooding and we took donations and had a chocolatada for them and played games with the kids... I dressed up as a clown! haha This week I am starting to teach spinning classes here at a gym! Spinning at 11,000 ft is pretty hard - I'm excited about teaching in Spanish and meeting people this way as well!! I am also planning on playing in the Cusco Symphony concert coming up on March 19th -- Yes, God provided me with another cello! :)

As you can see I have just gotten involved with a lot of activities once again and know this is where God wants me to be right now! Please pray with me as I am praying about next steps...

I hope you all are doing great!! Would love to hear about you lives -- You can email me at carrieeckel@gmail.com

Something interesting to think about .... There was just an earthquake 8.8 in Chile... I'm beginning to wonder after the war, Haiti, flooding here in Cusco, earthquake in Chile what God is up to. I know that He controls everything in this world....
Mark 13:8 (Signs of the End of the Age)
"Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains."

Would love your input....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right on. God is telling us to wake up and pay attention to HIM.. Pbe