Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thankful for God's unconditional Love...

Have you ever felt like you just aren't good enough to receive the unconditional love that Jesus has for each one of us?  I have felt like that many times.... even being here in Peru.  I am just amazed more and more by how much Jesus loves us even in the midst of our sinfulness and how we mess up SO much!  Thank you Jesus for Your mercy, grace, and forgiveness!  

I know my last month here is going to FLY by!  I leave to travel around Chile and Argentina exactly a month from today with my friend Bekah Talarico!!  I'm really excited!!!!  AND before she gets here my wonderful friends Ashley Summers and Janice Preston are coming to visit!  They will be here in just a week and a half! :)  I'm so stoked!!  On Bek and I's travel we plan to go down to Santiago, Chile then cross across in to Mendoza, Agentina (which is wine country)  Then back down in to Torres del Paine in southern Chile which is the Patagonia mountains with amazing hiking, mountain scenery, and glaciers...etc.  Then our plan is to cross over in to southern Argentina to see the Perito Moreno glacier there then on up to Buenos Aires, Argentina and over to Iguazu Falls!!!  

I have so many FUN things coming up to look forward to, yet it is going to be SOO hard to leave here.  I feel like I have made SO many relationships here including the workers and children at the orphanage... to the musicians in the symphony... to fellow missionaries with other ministries as well... to the Peruvian youth that I've been doing Bible studies with ... to the salsa dancing teachers.... Sometimes I just really feel like I have a connection with the people here, and I feel like I'm no different than them.  I guess that is partly my personality and just really being immersed in the culture.  But, I know it is going to be SO hard to leave here -- and I hope I am able to enjoy my time traveling around and not missing it here!  When I leave Argentina I will be flying in to Miami and spending about 5 days with my sister Martha and her hubby Dougan and my adorable niece, Grayson!!  I'm so excited about seeing Grayson again,  I saw her when she was about 3 weeks old before I came to Peru but I was kind of sick and wasn't able to really hold her --- I can't wait to hold her!!!!!  I also can't wait to meet my other niece, Lily Kate at Christmas time!!!!  I have so enjoyed seeing the pictures of both of them and different videos, but it's just not the same as being there in person!!!!  Anyways,  all that to say.... it is going to be a very bitter sweet time.  (I remember saying the same thing about leaving San Antonio.... )  It is going to be hard to leave, but I have SO many things that I am looking forward to as well...

Well this is just a little that has been on my mind lately.  There is SO much more, but I don't want to bore you.  I am excited to see what God has for me next!  Learning to TRUST Him fully is a huge test!  Please pray that God will make it clear -- what He has for me next!  

I miss all of you sweet friends and family and can't wait to see you soon!!!!

No comments: