Monday, December 15, 2008

CUSCO, PERU!!!


Through a series of doors being opened and closed through out this past year of my life, God has led me to a 6 month internship with MTW to Cusco, Peru. It has been so amazing to see how God has led me to this opportunity during my journey of life. God has put so many people in my life these past few months that has confirmed and encouraged me in making this decision.
My church here in San Antonio, Redeemer supports 2 missionary families who are currently in Peru right now; The Sandersons and Allens. They are both currently working in the clinics there. My home church in Greenville, MRPC supports the MTW team leader there; The Powlisons. My 2nd grade teacher told my mom that when I was in 2nd grade we would pray for the Powlison's every week.... and now that I am 23 I will be going over there to help them! It is so neat how God works and prepares his children for what he is going to have them do! I also met a girl back at MRPC in Greenville who had just gotten back from Cusco to check it out and see if it was where she would want to be long term; then a few weeks later back in San Antonio a couple just moved here from NC and the wife, Laura, had just gotten back from a month trip over in Cusco spending time with all of the team I will be working with! Please pray for continued confirmation through out the entire support process!
A few of the ministries I hope to be involved in include helping to work in the orphanage that was just opened called the Josphine House or la casa Josefina. There is also word of beginning a college ministry on the college campus there which I would love to be a part of! There are also many opportunities to work with the youth group, tutoring, possibly helping to home school the missionary children, and help with the medical clinics.
I am so excited about how God is going to use me while I am there! I have also heard so many wonderful things about the weather there and the beautiful mountains! The altitude is about 13,00o feet! I am really looking forward to doing the Inca Trail Hike to Machu Piccu -- it's a hike that takes about 4 days through the mountains and reaches Machu Piccu!

No comments: