Sunday, October 5, 2008

Love of Music...


Music really speaks to me...
I'm not sure if this is because I have grown up playing the cello and really have a love for music, but lately music has really been speaking to me. It's like I can almost feel the Lord right beside me, comforting me and using the words in songs to tell me what I need to hear at that moment. A song that has really spoken a lot to me over the past 6 months has been a Laura Story song.... The words go like this....

"You give and take away, for my good.
For who am I to say, what I need.
For you alone see the hidden parts of me,
that need to be stripped away.
And as you begin to refine,
I'm learning to let go and rely
on the One who walks with me,
as hard as it may be
you're teaching me all the while to say...
Bless the Lord, oh my soul.
All that's in me, Bless the Lord!"

The Lord is teaching me so many things about how to rely on Him for my total satisfaction and joy in life. He is the only one who will truly satisfy us. We may run to other things to try to fill us up, but ultimately God is the only one who really can fulfill that void inside of us. I am really learning to trust God for the unknown and to be content in where God has me at this time. What an exciting time!

2 comments:

Kurt said...

That's a nice song... I'd never heard it before.

I have a similar song that performed a similar function for me. Take Away by Mainstay.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is such a good truth. He is the only one ❤️