Friday, January 1, 2010

2010: I think this is going to be the best year yet.....

It is so hard to believe that 2009 is already over!!! It was such a great year -- spending the first couple months in San Antonio, TX then most of the remainder of the year in Cusco, Peru and traveling around South America. I am SO thankful for this past year, the things I've learned, the experiences, the relationships I've formed, and continuing to learn how much Jesus loves us and his grace for us. I am really amazed the more I realize the love Jesus has for us and how horrible we are in return and am very humbled this new year. I want to live a life of humility yet confidence in Christ. There are some goals that I have for this new year in my relationship with the Lord and living for Him.

Andy Lewis mentioned a quote this past Christmas Eve service, "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less." -C.S. Lewis It is our American culture to think of our own needs first and how we can look good on the outside. It is our natural sinful nature.... I struggle with it, we all do! But, I really do want to put others above myself and show them love through not only words, but also my actions. I want to change the focus of myself on to focusing on Jesus and his love for us. I know that only God only can satisfy me, and He is enough! :) He is more than enough... He is the best there is!

Going in to this New Year I really want to change the focus off of what I want for my life.... away from what I think is best for me and where I want to be and really TRUST God for what He has for my life. It is so comforting to know that God wants what is best for us. He sees the whole picture.... He sees our lives from beginning to end and we only get a little glimpse of our life and only know what is happening in the present. Because of this I know that I can really trust God b/c He sees what lies ahead. That is SO exciting to me!!!

I am so excited what is yet to come this year! I will be heading out to Passion in ATL tomorrow and am really excited about worshiping God for 4 days straight!! I will then head out to San Antonio, TX the following wkd to visit great friends and supporters and update Redeemer Church on my time in Peru, then FINALLY fly out to San Diego to spend a week with my sweet niece, Lily Kate and sister Laura and Trevor, bro in law! I have decided to head back to Peru in early February! I have a cello that was donated that I am bringing over for Gabi, the girl in the orphanage who I taught cello lessons to and was asked to join the Meeting Place ministry in Cusco -- This is the English Church ministry that meets in downtown Cusco and is geared towards reaching the unreached and spiritual searching tourists that are coming through Cusco! It is also a cafe/coffee shop and hostel so I will be working in the cafe, organizing/leading the worship for the church service, continuing to be involved in the music scene of Cusco, building relationships...etc. I am only going for about 5-6 weeks and then after this time will re-evaluate how the Lord is leading and decide if I will commit to another year working alongside this ministry in Cusco!

I'm so excited about how the Lord is leading and what He has for me next!!! 2010 is going to be an exciting year! I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Day!!

No comments: