Tuesday, May 5, 2009

During the "meantime"

The English church that meets downtown on Sunday evenings has been really great the past few weeks. (www.themeetingplacecusco.com)  Joel is the pastor and he has been speaking each week on a different chapter of a book that he has written.  This past Sunday Joel spoke on what to do during the "meantime" which is the time we are waiting after God has given us a vision for something.  He mentioned that the bigger the vision God has given us, the longer waiting period we will have.  Just like David in the bible.  God gave David the vision to be King, then he had a long waiting period until it actually happened.  David was faithful and continued tending the sheep until the time was right.  God is the only one who knows when the time is right and when that time comes he knows right where each one of us is and will find us.  Sometimes I feel like I am in the middle of nowhere, living amongst very poor people in a small little town outside of Cusco; but when the time is ready for my next step, I know God will make it clear.  On the other hand, sometimes I feel like I am making a difference in people's lives here and really building relationships with the Peruvians here and showing them that I do love them and sharing the Love of Jesus with them.

I know that I am where God wants me to be right at this time and God really made that clear to me before I came through a lot of different ways.  So during this time that I am here I want to take advantage of every opportunity while I am here and really invest in to the people's lives here showing them the love of Jesus Christ.  I love being able to look back and see how God has been faithful in my life and has led me to where I am now.  I am so thankful for my family, friends, and past experiences.  Being here makes me realize how much God has really blessed me and how much I have taken for granted.  I want to be preparing myself during this time for what God has for me next.  Instead of trying to figure out what's next I want to enjoy where I am now and trust God that when the time is right he will show me what is next.

No comments: